Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year....

You know its been crazy when a month has gone by without a post....Crazy is an understatement.

I wanted to thank so many of you for all the encouraging words when I went back to work. The long and short of it.....it was an EPIC FAIL. I lasted all of two days. Two days I won't get back. So, how amazing do you think I am now? Not very, I know.

Quitting was harder than deciding to start. All the hopes and dreams I had for myself and for my future went out the window. All the hard lessons that I told myself I needed to deal with...non-existent.

There were a few reasons behind it. One being my arrangements for the kids were falling through minute by minute. It was easy to see that two days into it, it wasn't going to work long term at all. But the hard and honest truth is that I just can't be away from her. I will never get the night of almost losing her out of my head. I can't no matter how hard I try. All I can remember is trying to make her say "I love you" while I tried to record it on my phone. I made her do it over and over even though she was weak and didn't want to. I needed to hear it.

I sat at work for two days wondering what in the hell I was doing? I know now that I needed to just get it out of my system or it was something I was going to obsess about constantly. I humbled myself and realized it was just something I wasn't ready or willing to do. That is the short of it.

Over the last few weeks, I have realized that it was what I needed to do. And being home with her (with breaks here and there) is where I need to be. I have a few things up my sleeve, that if they work out will be a much better solution for me, my family, and for Brigitte. In the meantime, the images, sounds, feelings of that night are to fresh in my mind and I just need to be "around."

We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of this community over the last few weeks. Just as panic was setting in about how we would make Christmas happen, everything just started to come together. It has been a sign that I did the right thing....and people really do want to help.

We were blessed by the generosity of Laurie Kolifrath and New Beginnings Nail Salon who set up a "giving tree"...I was astonished at how many things were delivered to our family. Thank you will never be enough. The day before Christmas Eve, we also visited North Londonderry Elementary and were overwhelmed with the donations made by North School Staff, families, and especially Danielle Blair...a 5th grader who made ornaments out of toys and sold them to help benefit our family. There are so many of you out there that I owe Thank You's to. I am hoping to get to them soon. I promise. Please know that we are so grateful to EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has helped. I may not have mentioned you here, but please know how much we appreciate all you have done for us. Really, my words are completely inadequate and I will never be able to express how we really feel.

So here we are, another New Year upon us. I am not hoping for a better year than the last. I refuse to do it anymore. Instead, I am just hoping to focus on what was good from 2010. My son, Sean, endured two brain surgeries and is playing out in the snow as I type. My daughter, Brigitte, wasn't expeceted to live and is now in the living room SCREAMING at the top of her lungs!! She even uttered a very appropriate "DON'T TALK TO ME" this week! My son, Jake, went undefeated in football and won the Mity Mite Superbowl! My daughter, Brenna, became a National Junior 3 Co-ed Champion two weeks ago in cheerleading!

Life is Good....and we will take that for however long it wants to stick around.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment